Memory care in Oklahoma City
Services and support that help residents and family reconnect.
Memory loss from conditions such as dementia or Alzheimer’s is a personal journey that every individual handles differently. The same is true of the friends and family who support them.
At Concordia, our memory care services are designed to be flexible and personal, so they provide the unique support you and your family need. No single memory care plan will be the same. We focus on the strengths of each resident, leaning into what they can do to create moments of purpose and joy every day.
Help your family member thrive with memory care services that empower them to explore their strengths. Contact us to discuss what options are available for you and your family.
Your New Home
Privacy and familiarity are essential for those with memory impairments. Having a safe personal space filled with cherished belongings can bring great comfort, which is why all memory care residents at Concordia have private apartments that they can personalize to their needs. Whether it’s photos of family and friends or favorite pillows, our memory care residents can make their space their own.
We encourage you to choose how much space you need as well. Concordia’s memory care community offers two sizes of private studios, each with a private bath.
Memory Care Studio: A cozy space with a full, accessible bath and two closets, our standard studio is perfect for one person.
Deluxe Studio: More spacious than our standard studio, our deluxe option includes a roomy bedroom and accessible bathroom, as well as a full living room, two closets and a kitchenette.
A Family Community
At Concordia, we know memory loss rarely affects just one person. Family and friends are intimately connected to memory impairments, feeling their effects not only as relatives but as caregivers as well.
Concordia’s memory care services are designed to support you both: the individual dealing with a memory impairment and their support network. Here, you’ll find a comfortable environment that feels like home for residents and visitors alike. You can walk secure hallways to bright gathering rooms where residents visit with family or enjoy activities with neighbors. You can spend time outdoors in landscaped courtyards with fresh air and flowers. Or you can opt for privacy, in an apartment filled with the mementos from your life or the life of your relative.
“Concordia is an excellent facility for all different needs. A very caring staff, it’s calm, quiet and all the workers know all the residents and treat them with respect. We moved here from another facility. I wouldn’t place my father anywhere else but Concordia.”
– Elizabeth, daughter of Concordia resident
The Team Behind You
The best Alzheimer’s care and dementia support is backed by compassionate, experienced teams. At Concordia, our Oklahoma City memory care team knows and understands the importance of dignified and respectful care. We truly believe in the abilities of individuals with memory impairments and are trained to nurture those strengths in every resident.
Every day, we help our residents:
- Minimize confusion and maximize positive moments in their lives
- Nurture independence and sense of self
- Create structure and routine that provide a deep feeling of comfort
- Strengthen interpersonal connections with friends, family and new neighbors
- Meet your personal goals mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
We work with our residents and their families to customize support services and memory care living environments so everyone’s needs are met. If you have a question on the best way to interact with a relative, or how to handle any situation, just ask. We’re here to support you so you can enjoy positive moments with your relative.
Memory Care Services and Amenities
What services are offered to memory care residents at Concordia?
Memory care services at Concordia are focused firmly on the individual. Our Oklahoma City memory care community services help to create a safe, healthy and stimulating environment for those with memory impairments. Services include:
- Access to skilled nursing: Residents and family members have peace of mind knowing these services are available on-site if needed
- 24-hour supervised care: Care is offered in a customized environment where residents are safe and encouraged to live fully
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Medication management: Memory, dementia and Alzheimer’s residents will never have to worry about coordinating their own medications; our trained staff safely handle all medications
- Three chef-prepared meals per day: Residents can enjoy a delicious and healthy menu prepared by our culinary staff that provides plenty of variety
- Weekly housekeeping: Bed making and other services make memory care living as convenient as possible
- Personal laundry service: Residents can enjoy the convenience of personal laundry service throughout the week
What amenities are offered to residents of memory care?
At Concordia, we’ve created a neighborhood designed to provide comfort and care for residents with memory impairments including those with Alzheimer’s or dementia— offering amenities to create a warm and welcoming homelike environment.
- 2 sizes of residential accommodations: Memory Care Studio and Deluxe Studio, each with a private bath
- Trained staff: Our staff is specifically trained and experienced in working with individuals with Alzheimer’s or other dementia; your loved ones are in caring and safe hands
- Activities focused on specific needs: We offer specialized activities and programs to help memory care residents thrive
- Common spaces: Our common spaces are designed to encourage socialization, which is known to help prevent or slow down the progression of dementia and Alzheimer’s as well as stave feelings of isolation and depression
- Enclosed courtyard: Residents experience the benefit of our beautifully-manicured outdoor space with raised garden beds while in a completely safe area
- Access to a full-service beauty salon/barbershop: Haircuts, styles, manicures and more are available at our on-campus salon
- Living and activities rooms: Residents can enjoy fellowship with other community members or just enjoy some relaxing alone time in our living and activity rooms
- Since we’re a continuing care retirement community, spouses or loved ones of residents receiving care can remain in their independent living or assisted living apartment homes a short walk away, all under one roof, ensuring a sense of togetherness at one residence
- Predictable monthly fees with no up-front entrance fee