The Ladies Auxiliary of Concordia is a group of servant-hearted women who raise awareness and funds for Benevolent Care, called the Good Samaritan Fund, and Concordia Life Care Community.
The Ladies Auxiliary of Concordia formed under the leadership of Concordia resident Val Reed in September 2014, and the first event was held on December 5, 2014. Val Reed served as Auxiliary Chair from 2014-2017, during which there were annual luncheons and Christmas Open House events and fundraisers. A highlight of Ms. Reed’s leadership includes Concordia’s 10-year Signature Anniversary Luncheon. Helen Blaney and Bess Wessler served as 2018 Auxiliary Co-Chairs, and Helen Blaney and Betty Myers are serving as 2019 Auxiliary Co-Chairs.
“To have been involved in the first steps of the planning and the building of a place to call home for aged grandfathers, grandmothers, aunts and uncles is an honor and a privilege, and it has been a prevailing unrelenting passion in my life for the past twenty years. Now, as God would have it, I am one of those aged grandparents and am reaping the benefits of those first monthly, then quarterly Board meetings, week-end workshops and special tasks. I remember the beginnings of our Concordia Auxiliary and the camaraderie of our friendly and welcoming ladies, as well as our ventures of luncheons, open houses, fashion shows, helping people in need, and our joy in being able to grow our vital Benevolent Fund. I hope more ladies will join us, to be able to have these kinds of memories of times well spent, both productive and happy. Thanks to all of you Concordia ladies for your friendship, faithfulness and fun. God bless each of you.” — Val Reed, Founding Chair, Ladies Auxiliary 2014-2017 and LSCI Board of Directors (Emeritus)
“As Co-Chairman of the Concordia Ladies Auxiliary, I want to express how happy I am that you could join us for the annual luncheon. I have been a member of the Auxiliary since its formation, which is due to the efforts of Val Reed and Paige Mills-Haag, our Fund Development Director. This is our fourth luncheon and we have had three Christmas events. All funds raised have gone to the Good Samaritan Fund (benevolent fund). With your support, we hope to have many more functions. Thank you for your support.” — Helen Blaney, Ladies Auxiliary Co-Chair, 2018
“As Co-Chair of the Auxiliary, I am proud to be part of this group of women. We have a wonderful group of ladies!” — Bess Wessler, Ladies Auxiliary Co-Chair, 2018
Join us for the Women At Risk (W.A.R.) International “Christmas in July Sale” – Tuesday, July 9, 10:00am – 4:00pm
Stop by the W.A.R. International Sale on Tuesday, July 9 hosted by the Ladies Auxiliary of Concordia. Shop beautiful jewelry, scarves, toys and other hand-made gifts crafted by rescued and at-risk women. Proceeds from the sale go to W.A.R. International and every $300 in sales supports a woman in a safe house for one month. Support this great cause!
- Event: Women At Risk International “Christmas in July Sale” hosted by the Ladies Auxiliary of Concordia
- Location: Concordia Life Care Community, 7707 W. Britton Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73132 (Concordia IL Main Lobby)
- Date/Time: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 10:00am – 4:00pm (come and go)
- More info: Call Paige at (405) 219-2927 for more information or with any questions
Join us for Concordia’s Annual Fundraising Luncheon – Families Across Generations!
- Event: Concordia’s 6th Annual Luncheon “Families Across Generations” presented by the Ladies Auxiliary of Concordia
- Location: Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club, 7000 N.W. Grand Blvd., Nichols Hills, OK 73116
- Date/Time: Saturday, October 5, 2019. Luncheon and program 11:30am – 1:00pm. Silent auction and doors open at 10:45am.
- RSVP: Concordia’s Concierge accepting reservations beginning August 1. Call (405) 720-7200 to reserve your seat.
- Cost: $25 per person. Reservations required no later than September 30, 2019.
- More Info: Call Paige at 405-219-2927 or click here for more event information.
- Sponsorships available. Click here for sponsorship information!
(Image by Travis Tindell)