February 14th is almost here. What are your plans for the evening? Are you and your significant other staying in for the night, or are you hoping to get out for a few hours?
If it’s the latter, consider trying something new in the Oklahoma City area this year. There are so many fun, exciting date night ideas in OKC, you’re sure to find something that matches your interests.
Oklahoma City Date Ideas
Whether it’s music and entertainment, food and culture, or wine and beer, there’s plenty for seniors to do on Valentine’s Day date. Here are a few options:
- Try ballroom dancing at the Ballroom Dance Club of Oklahoma City. Located in the Springdale Shopping Center, this club has a beautiful raised wooden dance floor for you and your partner. Can’t go on Valentine’s Day? Every Friday night, the club offers lessons and an open dance floor for $5.
Perfect for the music lover.
- Check out Michael Murphy’s Dueling Pianos. The audience requests the songs, and the pianos provide the entertainment. This high energy entertainment is sure to bring smiles and laughter.
Perfect for the music lover.
- Visit the Fred Jones Jr. Art Museum, which is home to an impression collection of French impressionism art. Admission is free no matter the day and time, and it’s something every OKC resident should visit once in their lifetime.
Perfect for the art lover.
- Explore the American Banjo Museum. Did you know this museum features over 400 instruments, recordings, films, and chronicles the history of the banjo? Who knew there was so much to discover with this unique musical instrument?
Perfect for the art, music, or history lover.
- Try a “Paint N Cheers” session, where you get a lesson in acrylic painting while sipping your favorite beverage. Don’t worry about your painting skills – the class is laid back and open to beginners. And not only is it fun, it’s affordable – prices for wine and beer start at only $4.
Perfect for the art, wine and beer lover.
- Visit the Bricktown Brewery. What’s better than good food and great beer on a Valentine’s Day date night in OKC? This place has both. Bring your significant other here and enjoy the taste of delicious food and drinks.
Perfect for the food and beer lover.
- Not a fan of beer? The Canadian River Winery might be your ideal spot. It’s home to all Oklahoma wines, including an award-winning chocolate wine. Never been? Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to check it out.
Perfect for the food and wine lover.
- If you love ice cream no matter the season, you’ll enjoy Roxy’s Ice Cream Social during a night out with your partner. It’s home to seasonal flavors and vegan options, so there’s something for everyone here.
Perfect for the food lover.
- Stay classic with a date at a romantic OKC restaurant. Try one of these local favorites: The Coach House, Red Primesteak, Metro Wine Bar and Bistro, The Drake, Broadway 10 Bar & Chophouse, Mickey Mantle’s Steakhouse, or Paseo Grill. Plug one of these goodies into Google for directions, and get on your way.
Perfect for the food, wine and beer lover.
A Fulfilling Retirement Means a Fulfilling Life
No matter your age, you can live life to the fullest every day. Get out and try something new this year. Visit a place in OKC you’ve never been before. Talk to others and make new friends. The fun, memorable opportunities are endless when you get out of your comfort zone.
As a continuing care retirement community, Concordia Life Care Community is dedicated to the health and wellness of its residents before and during retirement. Make the most of Valentine’s Day and every day by calling a place like Concordia home. View our floorplans today, or contact us to schedule a visit to see all our beautiful community has to offer.