How Does Quality of Life Improve in a CCRC?
Today’s modern senior living communities offer an active, vibrant lifestyle with a wide variety of services and amenities to keep residents happy and healthy and improve their overall quality of life. These communities are a far cry from the institutionalized “nursing home” of the past, with its white walls and hospital beds.
Research has shown seniors thrive in a community setting where they can remain as independent as possible. A continuing care retirement community, or CCRC, provides residents with not only a comfortable, private apartment or patio home, but also with added peace of mind that any future healthcare needs will be met when it becomes necessary.
Senior Care Services and Amenities Designed to Make Life Easy
At an independent senior living community, residents can come and go as they please and enjoy their retirement to the fullest extent. Friends and family are always welcome to visit, and can rest assured their loved ones are happy, healthy and are well attended to.
In addition to their own personalized living space, residents are offered a vast array of services and amenities allowing for maintenance-free, easy living. Some of these services include:
- Interior and exterior home maintenance and housekeeping. Regardless of the type of residence chosen, senior living communities usually provide indoor and outdoor upkeep on the home. No more worrying about lawn care or snow removal! Plus, weekly housekeeping services are also available.
- Healthy meals and snacks. While residents are welcome to prepare their own meals, retirement communities often include nutritional meal options in a restaurant-style setting.
- Scheduled transportation. While some residences do have attached garages and allow residents to bring their own cars, many communities provide scheduled transportation to local destinations, events or appointments.
- Social events and activities. Senior living communities recognize the has positive impact social interaction has on aging, so recreational activities and events are scheduled daily, weekly and monthly to keep residents engaged with others. Seniors enjoy a full calendar offering everything from book clubs, card games, movie nights, community events, happy hours and much more.
- Wellness programs. Staying physically fit is also vital to quality of life in later years, as exercise helps improve balance and stability and increases strength and flexibility, all which improve mobility! Senior living communities often have on-site fitness centers with a variety of equipment and classes designed specifically for seniors.
- Security features. Residents feel safe and secure in their new homes, as 24-hour monitored security is available, along with an emergency alert system in case of an accident or fall.
- On-site supportive services. Should healthcare needs begin to change, residents have priority access to assisted living services, skilled nursing care, or memory support.
Additionally, many senior living communities, including Concordia, offer amenities above and beyond standard services, like on-site beauty salons and barber shops, libraries and business centers with internet access, card and game rooms, common areas or lounges, chapels or spiritual services, beautifully landscaped grounds, and so much more.
Vibrant Senior Living at Concordia
At Concordia Life Care Community, our services and amenities provide for active, easy retirement living! Our beautiful campus offers a variety of available residences with supportive services for peace of mind about the future. Contact Concordia today to learn more or to schedule a visit.